FELLOWSHIP IN RADIOLOGY COURSE FOR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
Now Accepting Applications for FRCPT Course
FRCPT live online course is available in two time zones now, Middle East Time Zone and Indian Time Zones. Applicants can choose any convenient time zones and join the course.
FRCPT Middle East Batch
Middle East & Eastern Europe Time Zones
April 17, 2021 – October 16, 2021
Live Lecture Time: 17.00 Hrs GMT +3
The FRCPT online course includes daily online classes, lectured by Prof. Dr. Prabhu, Principal, MVM College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore Dr. Anand PT, Director, Healthshare Clinical Services, London, UK, and Dr. Pawan Kumar PT, Director, Digital Teachings, & Consultant, RAA physiotherapy Centre, Chennai.The course is a graduate level course. All coursework are completed in both direct and online.
The direct course includes direct lectures on 10 alternative sundays or 60 Online Lectures by Dr.Prabhu and other faculties which includes 60 hours of direct theory and practical classes. As this is a graduate level course, participants can expect to spend an additional 2-3 hours of study time per day of course time (this may vary depending on the individual’s level of experience and time).Course description and goals
The course will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively utilize diagnostic imaging in the management of selected conditions seen by physiotherapists. The curriculum will emphasize patient safety and a physiotherapist’s accountability to ensure effective and appropriate utilization of diagnostic imaging, and facilitate timely access to diagnostic imaging. Curriculum will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding imaging technology
- Patient safety issues and risks when ordering diagnostic imaging
- Criteria for ordering diagnostic imaging
- Ethics of the use of diagnostic imaging in physiotherapy practice
- Using search patterns to understand images
- Understanding content and relevance of an imaging report
- Integration of diagnostic imaging findings into practice
- Understanding cost and utilization issues associated with diagnostic imaging procedures
Frcpt course will includes all aspects of radiology but importance will be given to more of musculoskeletal radiology. Kindly refer detailed syllabus page for more information.
Upon completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Engage in the diagnostic process using orthopedic imaging procedures when appropriate to establish differential diagnoses.
- Decide the most appropriate musculoskeletal imaging procedure according to the client presentation and the current best evidence for diagnosis.
- Determine the most appropriate radiographic views according to client presentation, current best evidence for diagnosis, and current best evidence for reducing ionizing radiation exposure.
- Describe a systematic approach to the analysis of plain film radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and computed tomography and determine the relevance of visualized pathology to clinical decision-making.
- Use evidence-based diagnostic imaging procedures as appropriate to help determine the client who would benefit from physical therapy interventions and the client who requires referral for medical services.
- Review diagnostic test studies on musculoskeletal imaging according to evidence-based criteria for validity, including an explanation of radiographic clinical decision rules for orthopedic pathology related to the spine and extremities.
- Understand basic concepts of musculoskeletal image acquisition and interpretation.
- Recognize the appearance of normal anatomy and common pathology on musculoskeletal images to facilitate diagnostic accuracy and appropriate intervention strategies and forces.
- Effectively educate patients and clients regarding their diagnostic imaging results. Formulate an enhanced working vocabulary of diagnostic and musculoskeletal imaging terminology and appropriately communicate with other medical professionals using the language of diagnostic imaging.
Most importantly, you will be able to apply the knowledge to your clinical practice immediately!
FRCPT learning methods
The course will include direct lectures, mini-online lectures, self-directed study chapters, case studies and online discussions.
- Online lectures: There will be Approximately 60 Online class room lectures by Prof.Dr.Prabhu and other FRCPT faculties to introduce and elaborate the imaging techniques and its clinical applications.
- Direct lectures: There will be 80 direct class room lectures by Prof.Dr.Prabhu and other FRCPT faculties to introduce and elaborate the imaging techniques and its clinical applications.
- Self-directed study chapter: Online lectures will be supplemented by a self-directed study chapter from the course text. Each week, students will be provided with a guided learning sheet and will be expected to work through assigned course text chapters to answer objectives of guided learning questions.
- Case studies: Case study or case study series with assigned questions will be posted for each course module. Participants will be expected to read case study(s) and work though the assigned questions.
- Mini-Online discussions (if Required): Will be used for a group discussion of the case study(s) and assigned questions. All on-line discussions will be moderated by the course instructors
- There will be two proctored exams in this course (can be completed at our officially recognized centers for those outside of Bangalore and there will be a remote proctoring option too.
Please refer admission procedures and fee page for more details.
Know more about FRCPT Course.