Certified Shoulder Physical Therapy [CSPT]
-*+Course details will be announced soon.
This course is designed to present to the clinician the most recent and state of the art information in the evaluation and treatment of selected shoulder disorders. The course was developed to provide the most pertinent information regarding the treatment of these pathologies based on current scientific evidence. The scientific and clinical rationale behind shoulder examination and treatment techniques will be discussed for rotator cuff injuries, shoulder instability, labral lesions, and the stiff shoulder using a combination of online video presentations, DVDs, journal articles, and group discussions. Participants will be able to interact through weekly group discussion boards, periodic live interactive webinars, and email. This course is appropriate for physical therapists, occupational therapists, assistants, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning specialists, and other rehabilitation and fitness specialists.
At the successful completion of these courses the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evaluation and treatment of the shoulder;
- Recognize the pathomechanics of various shoulder injuries and possible tissue injury;
- Interpret specific clinical examination and special tests for the shoulder;
- Design an effective and appropriate rehabilitation and treatment program based on current clinical and scientific research;
- Analyze specific exercise techniques and evaluate the exercises’ effectiveness;
- Integrate the information presented and formulate a treatment plan for shoulder injuries, including rotator cuff injuries, instability, labral lesions, and the stiff shoulder.
This program is applicable to physical therapists, occupational therapists, assistants, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning specialists, and other orthopedic, sports medicine, rehabilitation, and fitness specialists. There will be opportunity for live interaction through webinars, however the course work associated with the program is not live and can be done at any time. The discussion boards will take place over the course of each lesson week. Thus, there are no restrictions on what time zone or country you are in to participate. This website and all materials are accessible by any computer connected to the internet through a variety of internet browsers. It is highly recommended that you access this course with a high-speed internet connection as the resources involved often have streaming video and large file sizes.
- This website is password protected, you will need a Google account to access this site. Google accounts are free and information will be sent after you register.
- Most videos will be embedded into the website for you to view with your standard web browser.
- Clear instructions will be provided
The program runs for 7 weeks. Each week, a topic will be selected for review through online videos, book, and journal article reading. A discussion of the week’s material will take place online. The schedule includes:
- Week 1 – Introduction
- Week 2 – Evaluation of the Shoulder
- Week 3 – The scientific and clinical rationale behind shoulder exercises: Principles of dynamic stability
- Week 4 – Rotator Cuff
- Week 5 – Shoulder Instability
- Week 6 – Superior Glenoid Labral (SLAP) Lesions
- Week 7 – The Stiff Shoulder
Benefits of the Program
- Participate and learn from the comfort of your home or office
- Proceed at your own pace when convenient to you – before work, at lunch, in the evening, maybe all three! – it’s your choice
- Eliminate travel costs to seminars far from home
- Don’t lose an entire weekend by attending a live seminar
- Enjoy weekly online presentations and read journal articles hand selected to outline evidence based practice
- Engage in group discussion with Mike and other participants to expand all of our education
- Interact with Mike and other participants as much or as little as you would like, your level of participation is voluntary
- The program also includes the following for FREE: Download all assigned journal articles and course materials, two of my hour long popular DVDs on examination and treatment of the shoulder with Kevin Wilk, access to my webinar on rehabilitation following rotator cuff repair
No Reviews found for this course.